Engleside is about people finding meaning in life by our relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We have recognized that God loves us and that He has a special purpose for each of our lives that will bring us fulfillment and happiness. We know that He loves you and is ready to bring meaning to your life, just like He did ours. In today's world of uncertainty and instability, our preaching and teaching emphasize the stabilizing truths found in God's Word, the Bible.
Our preachers and teachers strive to apply those truths in a practical way to everyday life. We enjoy learning how to read and understand the Bible more effectively. And our teachers are willing to tackle the everyday challenges of life such as marriage, parenting, stress management, and finances. Those who learn God's patterns of life in the Bible and apply them to their lives, learn the life-changing principles of divine truth backed by divine power. They find the answers to life's ultimate questions!
When you have finished visiting us on our web page, why don't you come and visit with us on Sunday morning and see what it is all about? We have programs for all ages. We have a nice clean nursery. We have Bible studies for toddlers, children, teens, college and career, and adults. We have a youth group for teens, a Christian Day School (Pre-K - 6th grade), and men and women groups. We have something just for you!
Come and get to know us, and let us have the privilege of getting to know you.
Brad Lapiska, Senior Pastor
- Church Picnic at Occoquan Regional Park – July 5th
We will have a church picnic on Sunday, July 5th at Occoquan Regional Park. Come for an afternoon of good food and fellowship. Visitors are invited to come as our guests! See the bulletin insert for details regarding the food preparation and directions. We will not have Sunday School on that day.
- Camp Scholarship Fund
We have needs that arise every year for kids who are not able to go to Junior Camp at Rapidan due to financial support. The cost to send a child to camp is $225. Would you consider giving to the camp scholarship fund? If so, please us the love offering envelops and mark it for "Camp Scholarship Fund".
- Upcoming Summer Camp Dates:
- Junior Campers (ages 7-12) will be heading down to Rapidan Baptist Camp for Junior Week 3 on July 20-24.
- Pee Wee Campers (ages 5-8) will be heading down to Rapidan Baptist Camp on July 24-25
- Renovation Changes To Our Summer Schedule
Renovation begins in June and will incorporate three phases of construction: 1: The Basement and Fellowship Hall (summer and fall), 2: The Sanctuary (winter), 3: The Education Wing and Lobby (summer of 2016). We can look forward to new walls, floors, doors, ceilings, lights, and renovated bathrooms. But during the next year, we will have to close various parts of our building during construction times causing us to adjust our normal routine of Sunday School, Morning Worship, Fellowship Time, and the Church Family Hour. Please note the following changes to our summer schedule:
- Children and Teen Sunday School proceeds normally each Sunday at 9:30.
- Children's Church will meet upstairs in the Library during the summer construction. Nursery for Sunday School and church remains the same.
- Evening Programs: NO evening programs in the church during summer construction.
- The Refreshment/Fellowship time and the Church Family Hour at noon are suspended for the summer.
- Watch for future announcements about the start of Community Groups that will allow us to fellowship together in the absence of our Fellowship Time and Church Family Hour.
Make the most of our adjustments by seeing the summer as an opportunity to invite each other, visitors, and neighbors over for a meal. These scheduled adjustments can easily be turned into opportunities to be a blessing to others.